Cardfight #94 sees us pit ZaCaptain’s Harri Pale Moon deck against JJ’s Zodiac Time Beast Gear Chronicle deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Harri deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Zodiac Time Beast deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
3 Poison Juggler (Critical)
1 Darkside Sword Master (Critical)
4 Prankster Girl of Mirrorland (Stand)
2 Explode Gentle (Stand)
2 Kitten Juggler (Draw)
4 Psycho Magician, Coulthard (Heal)
4 Cutie Paratrooper
2 Dagger Magician, Ety
3 Masquerade Bunny
4 Lovely Companion (Sentinel-PG)
2 Darkside Princess
4 Face Magician, Lappin
2 Dreaming Pegasus
1 Crescent Moon Juggler
3 Flying Peryton
4 Masked Phantom, Harri
4 Masked Magician, Harri
Strides and G Guardians:-
4 Curtain Call Announcer, Mephisto
1 Parallel Megatick, Fairfield
2 Carnivorous Megatrick, Prana
2 Dreamiy Axel, Milward
2 Jester Demonic Dragon, Lunatec Dragon
1 Scream Dragon Master, Dolor Kimberly
1 Chainsaw Megatrick, Furnival (G-Guardian)
1 Doting Harlequin, Maja (G-Guardian)
2 Kinesis Megatrick, Coulthard (G-Guardian)
- This deck, compared to what it was previously, is the return of the Pale Moon Circus show format, featuring acts (strides) that is more powerful than the last, featuring Dolor Kimberly in the finale of the show.
- To put it into deck building words, I have reformed the deck to bring back the increasingly powerful stride turns with Prana, Milward, and Mephisto, that was the image I had when I first built the deck, while keeping the sustainability that Masked Phantom, Harri provided in his boost with G-CHB03. With the introduction of GB8, it adds to the “show” by being a penultimate stride to end the game, so the goal of this deck is to hit harder and harder until GB8, when you can hit the hardest.
- In terms of strides, this is the first time I have been able to include Lunatec Dragon in the G Zone for this deck. It is a nice stride to be on while you are reaching GB8, but because he doesn’t come with the Magia ability, he will not contribute to Mephisto’s calling skill. Other strides all provide different approaches for most situations you are in, so there’s a nice variety.
- Maja isn’t the most ideal G-Guardian to use, but she is still the only one that has a Magia ability. Thankfully, she makes an ideal target for Coulthard’s flip cost, so it can help you easily feed for both Mephisto and GB8.
- Deck wise, the standard “get Cutie Paratrooper into the soul” still exists. Flying Peryton makes for a good alternative, and Dreaming Pegasus helps, even if you can’t call him out using Phantom Harri’s skill. I would suggest not using Phantom Harri’s stride skill, if you lack any junk soul, or riding up to Magician Harri before Phantom Harri, to get your soul set up. Prana is also there to help with that, in case you get the first stride and your ideal units end up in your hand instead of your soul.
- As I have learnt, because the concentration of Stand triggers is higher, along with the fact that Prankster Girl can be sent back to the deck if you put her into the soul, it’s a good idea to make sure you have a rested unit on the field, when your Vanguard attacks, to benefit from checking a Stand. Sometimes, that means holding off on unit skills like Darkside Princess, but if you do get that stand, Darkside Princess can hit for much more harder than before.
- And the last note to make here is that I only own 1 copy of Crescent Moon Juggler and Darkside Sword Master. I kind of like it at 1 copy, make it a little more tactical. On top of the fact that I have no means or desire to get a full playset yet.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter @CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!