Cardfight #89 sees us pit ZaCaptain’s Luquier Pale Moon deck against Dempster’s Ahsha Neo Nectar deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Luquier deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Ahsha deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
As we announced in the previous deck profile, we will not be linking our cards back to the Wiki, and there may not be any notes on some of our future deck profiles, due to a multitude of reasons.
We hope you guys will let us know if these changes work for you or if you want it back to how we have always done them. We would like to hear your feedback on this. In the meantime, we also hope that you would continue reading and learning from all the deck profiles we have done and posted here on our blog.
Thanks, guys. 🙂
Silver Thorn Assistant, Ionela
4 Silver Thorn Assistant, Dixie (Critical)
1 Prankster Girl of Mirrorland (Stand)
3 Silver Thorn Beast Tamer, Serge (Stand)
4 Silver Thorn Marionette, Natasha (Draw)
4 Silver Thorn Juggler, Nadia (Heal)
3 Silver Thorn Assistant, Zelma
2 Silver Thorn Clown, Selune
1 Masquerade Bunny
2 Silver Thorn Beast Tamer, Ana
3 Silver Thorn Magician, Colette
2 Hades Hypnotist (Sentinel-PG)
2 Silver Thorn Hypnos, Lydia (Sentinel-PG)
4 Silver Thorn Magician, Clemens
3 Silver Thorn, Upright Lion
3 Silver Thorn, Acute Dragon
4 Silver Thorn Dragon Tamer, Luquier (Stride Bonus)
3 Silver Thorn Dragon Empress, Luquier
1 Silver Thorn Dragon Queen, Luquier “Яeverse”
Strides and G Guardians:-
4 Silver Thorn Dragon Master, Mystique Luquier
4 Silver Thorn Dragon Master, Venus Luquier
2 Parallel Megatrick, Fairfield
1 Carnivorous Megatrick, Prana
1 Crudelis Dragon Master, Janet
1 Chainsaw Megatrick, Furnival (G-Guardian)
1 Doting Harlequin, Maja (G-Guardian)
2 Jester Demonic Dragon, Wandering Dragon (G-Guardian)
- The key thing about this deck and Pale Moon, in general, is that you do need to set up your soul, which is why Ionela is still my first Vanguard and why Prana is in the G Zone. However, if your Vanguard is the new Luquier and you have the cards in hand that you want in the soul, Mystique Luquier becomes more viable as a first, thanks to Luquier’s Stride skill.
- The new Venus Luquier is a great mid to end game stride. Her additional critical makes it unsafe for an opponent sitting at 3 to 4 damage, and combined with Selune, you can rake up the number of attacks as well as have them powered up with the new Luquier’s Stride skill, while getting even more power stacked up for Upright Lion or Acute Dragon.
- You can change up your trigger line-up to anything you are comfortable with, but I still have draws for the sake of having a hand to fight and guard with. Unlike Harri, I do not have Magia to rely on to fill my field and keep my hand count high for guarding and striding. On top of that, it’s best to be able to stride thanks to what utilities Venus Luquier and Mystique Luquier can provide, but do count your shots with Venus Luquier.
- The dangers of a Silver Thorn deck is the namesake itself. Hades Hypnotist is holding space for Lydia and I can only afford one Masquerade Bunny, despite how beneficial striding is for this deck. Ana’s on-hit threat is dangerous for your opponent and a must need, and Colette helps with filling your soul with units you can use. But I am planning on tweaking the numbers between Selune and Colette.
- Overall, the game for Silver Thorn is the same for me. Have a large size column with Upright Lion or Rising Dragon by getting as many calls from the soul to power them up, while having Luquier’s Stride skill power up the weaker column and making the on-hit attack much more threatening. The Pale Moon Circus is in town and Silver Thorns are the main attraction this season.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!