Cardfight #81 sees us pit JJ’s Metalborg Dimension Police deck against Dempster’s Battle Sister Oracle Think Tank deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Metalborg deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Battle Sister deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Strides and G Guardians:-
4 Hyper Metalborg, Gilt Digger
3 Hyper Metalborg, Heavyduke
1 Super Cosmic Hero, X-rogue
2 Super Cosmic Hero, X-gallop
2 Super Cosmic Hero, X-tiger
2 Enigman Patriot (G-Guardian)
1 Gallant Incarnation, G-O-Five (G-Guardian)
1 Super Cosmic Hero, X-carivou (G-Guardian)
- For this round, despite getting only 1 card out of the G Character Booster 2: We Are Trinity Dragon, Metalborgs, surprisingly, now has a much higher damage output.
- With the current meta being what it is (I’m looking at you Seven Seas), Blackboi remains viable as a First vanguard because of its ability. It doesn’t matter what you ride up to, as long as you have either Ur Buster or Lionetter as your Grade 2 Vanguard. Blackboi can do the rest, as long as you have enough units to use his skill. Even if your opponent isn’t playing a Grade 1 rush deck, using this strategy is helpful in the situation when you have the 2 Counterblasts and 3 other Metalborg units to pay for it.
- The strategy here is to bypass the turn you need to perform Legion. So Gilt Digger is another unit you can use to do that. In fact, Gilt Digger is more viable to use than Blackboi, since Gilt Digger can draw a card after you set your heart as Legion. Just note that you may end up having less triggers in the deck than usual, since you don’t send cards back to the deck for the Legion ability.
- Once you are in Legion, preferably as Sin Buster, the time becomes ripe to call Commander Laurel onto the field. The combination of Commander Laurel’s skill and Sin Buster’s guard restriction ability makes it easier to pressure your opponent into guard earlier than he planned to. Nothing beats the sound of internal screaming from that.
- But honestly, the real ace in the deck is actually Blacking Burrow. He becomes an 11000 Power attacker, while your Metalborg Vangaurd is in Legion, and he can give whatever power he has on him to the Vanguard, when it attacks. You will lose that Blacking Burrow, but achieving the numbers needed for Sin Buster to get all of his skills in effect has never been easier, thanks to him.
- Overall, this Metalborg deck is a relatively simple deck to use but it’s easy to enter autopilot mode when playing this deck. Stay aware, as situations can change and you will need to adapt accordingly.
- So, have fun and continue crushing Sin with the power of Vigilante Justice!
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!