Cardfight #79 sees us pit Dempster’s Susanoo Oracle Think Tank deck against Leon’s Gallop Dimension Police deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Susanoo deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Gallop deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Deity Spirit Loyalist, Ikutsu-hikone
1 Deity Spirit Loyalist, Ikutsu-hikone
Strides & G Guardians:-
4 Dragon Destroyer Battle Deity, Kamususanoo
4 Lord of Guidance, Wakahirume
2 Spiritual Deity of Benevolence, Ame-no-sagume
2 State Affair Subjugation Deity, Kamususanoo
3 Sun of Eternity, Amaterasu (G-Guardian)
1 Sunrise-on-high Godhawk, Ichibyoshi (G-Guardian)
- Because of the way Oracle works (unfortunately), maintaining your hand size and draw power is of utmost importance. Even though the new boost allows you to drop your whole hand to guard and still gives you the chance to draw back the cards and maintain Oracle, I’d say it’s best if you can manage your resources well. In other words, if you can afford to take a damage, if that means you get to save your hand, then take that damage like a man!
- With the right cards and right setup, this deck can become potentially Counterblast and Soulblast heavy, and while it’s easy to Soul Charge, Counter Charging isn’t, so manage the cards in your damage zone well. This is also the reason why I play two copies of Deity Spirit Loyalist, Ikutsu-hikone, just in case I need to utilize both of his skills or use one of them more than once.
- I switched out Arbitrator, Ame-no-Sagiri for Deity Dynasty Defense Official, Amatsu-hikone for a very, very simple reason – and that is the fact that he has an Oracle skill. On his own, he’s a pretty crappy card, with you sacrificing one card from your hand (and at random, I might add) to add him back from the drop zone, but when combined with Deity Spirit Loyalist, Ame-no-oshiho, you can fish him out quickly and filter your deck at the same time. What’s even better is that Ame-no-oshiho’s skill is not once per turn and his +3000 Power lasts until the end of the turn, so if you check a Stand trigger, you know who to Stand.
- Many people complained that Oracle Think Tank is badly boosted mainly because they can’t fully utilize the clan to bring out Silent Tom’s full potential. Don’t worry, I did too, until now. With Handbell Purification Maiden, Ouka making an appearance, you can essentially make any of your attacking rear-guards a Silent Tom with added skills, increasing your chance to either hit your opponent’s Vanguard or forcing an important card out from their hand. This allows me to reduce the number of Silent Toms I have in favor of adding other cards that can potentially hit harder, like Diviner, Shinatsuhiko.
- Precious Ophidian is a great alternative cost to pay for Striding if you do not have a Grade 3 in your hand or if you just want to save your hand. The only problem about it that most of us can agree with is the fact that you need to have Oracle before you can use it, and normally if you have 5 cards or more in your hand, you can already pay the cost anyway. But an alternative is always better than not having one, right?
- Initially I put in only 2 Draw Triggers in case I can’t keep my draw power up, but after playing a few more rounds after the filming of this video, I realized one thing: YOU WILL DECK OUT BY THE 10TH TURN IF YOU DRAW TOO MUCH. Even without Draw triggers, the chance of decking out is so high, not even Lozenge Magus can save you, so don’t draw cards unless you really need to. I have since switched out the Draw Triggers for more Handbell Purification Maiden, Ouka, and even until now I am still trying to figure out ways to slow down the deck out process.
- Both Sun of Eternity, Amaterasu and Spiritual Sword of Rough Deity, Susanoo have the ability to let you check the top card of your deck and putting it back at the top or bottom, so use it whenever you have the chance to.
- You would have noticed by now too that this deck isn’t meant to compete in the current competitive scene, but with the new boost from the Character Booster, it can definitely last a lot longer against decks and clans much faster, like Gurguit or even Raging Form Dragon. Try it out against lots of other builds and see how strong your Great Wall of Japanese Mythology is!
- Huh, what? The extra 5000 Power and Critical from State Affair Subjugation Deity, Kamususanoo? It’s just a better version of Supreme Heavenly Battle Deity, Susanoo, so there really isn’t much to say other than PEE-GEE!!!
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!