Cardfight #78 sees us pit Jiraiya’s Altmile Royal Paladin deck against Victor’s Luard Shadow Paladin deck, played by ZaCaptain. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Altmile deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Luard deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Resurgent Knight, Stius
Strides and G Guardians:-
4 Aerial Divine Knight, Altmile
3 Blazing Sword, Fides
1 Divine Knight of Lore, Selfes
2 Holy Dragon, Brave Lancer Dragon
2 Transcending the Heavens, Altmile
1 Holy Dragon, Laserguard Dragon (G-Guardian)
1 Vivid Sacred Staff, Andragius (G-Guardian)
1 Dark Element, Dizmel (G-Guardian)
1 Divine Knight of Godly Defense, Igraine (G-Guardian)
- This deck is an Altmile deck that fuses both the old and new cards Royal Paladins have. Overall, the build can allow you to start rushing your opponent, if you have Hopesong Angel in hand to ride or call. Thanks to his ability, he can call out even a Grade 3 unit, as long as it has the Brave ability. So you can potentially catch your opponent off-guard and swarm the board. Come later in the game, the strategy changes to hitting multiple times with semi-powerful units, finishing off with units like Transcending the Heavens, Altmile, or the new Holy Dragon, Brave Lancer Dragon.
- A few key cards I would like to highlight are the following:-
- Sage of Salvation, Benon
- His main purpose is to call out Knight of Powercharge or Hope Keeper, depending on the situation.
- Hope Keeper or Security Knight, Regius
- Both their abilities are great to have for various purposes. Hope Keeper to have an additional booster and bounce back on Brave, while Regius is helpful on Brave. So why not?
- Hopesong Angel
- His ability to call ANY Brave unit is an impeccable skill, especially ones that you need most for the moment, like Soniccgal or Hope Keeper.
- Sarugal and Encourage Angel
- These two units can be sent back to the deck, making trigger checks more likely. Encourage Angel gives Power to two units, while Sarugal gets a draw.
- Sage of Salvation, Benon
- Between the 2 Altmiles, I much prefer Blue Sky Knight, Altmile because of his flat 5000 Power boost to two units. Knight of Heavenly Decree, Altmile split that skill into 2 parts. Start of turn and Stride skill and plus 4000 Power. But at least the unit called at the start of the turn can be done, even if your opponent is sitting on Grade 2.
- A combo I can highlight is with Knight of Powercharge and Brave Lancer Dragon. Because of Brave Lancer’s skill, where you need to drop a card for every unit called from his skill. Knight of Powercharge can help you drop all of your current hand to the bottom of the deck, you don’t lose any useful cards to Brave Lancer’s skill.
- And of course, an easy +8000 Power 3 turn stride combo is to first stride to Blazing Sword, Fides and flip Aerial Divine Knight, Altmile, then stride to Aerial Altmile and flip himself, and finally stride to Transcending the Heavens, Altmile and flip the last copy of Aerial Altmile.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!