Cardfight #75 sees us pit ZaCaptain’s Victor Nova Grappler deck against Ben’s Rising Nova Spike Brothers deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Victor deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Rising Nova deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Extreme Battler, Kabutron
Strides and G Guardians:-
1 War Deity, Asura Kaiser
1 Meteokaiser, Tribrut
2 Meteokaiser, Victoplasma
4 Meteokaiser, Bustered
4 Meteokaiser, Victor
2 Righteous Superhuman, Blue Prison (G-Guardian)
1 Metal Element, Scryew (G-Guardian)
1 Light Element, Agleam (G-Guardian)
- At first, you may be wondering why is Asura Kaiser in this deck, of all things? Well, because in the competitive scene, there were players who would play Grade 1 rush decks. Asura Kaiser is kind of my answer as a Nova Grappler player to combat that. While I don’t have the most ideal number of Grade 3s to trigger his skill, it has proven effective enough to scare those players who chose to play that way competitively. On the off-chance that I am up against decks that do not play Grade-lock, the Asura Kaiser stride will make sure I am not without an option while playing anything other than the ace Vanguard, Victor.
- This deck is my personal build that combines the best of G-BT01 and G-BT06 units. It has the potential to kill my opponent on my first Stride. If the right cards come into play, such as Sazanda and Arbarail/Cool Hank, with enough Counterblasts, I can (no pun intended) rush my opponent to defeat and force him into a undesirable position.
- While most players frown upon Danshark, he provides an on-hit threat that, when paired with the power that Victor gives, can force your opponent to drop more precious guards or lose their precious units and damage advantage. I’ve tried builds with and without it, and I found that however small, on-hit threat with a lot of power behind it can be quite significant.
- But Counterblasts can get scarce, even with Clay-doll Mechanics, Lady Cyclones and Starlight Hedgehogs. I actually played without Clay-doll Mechanic to train and learn how to use my Counterblasts effectively. On top of that, considering how underwhelming Bustered is as a Stride, sometimes I would forgo using his skill to stand another unit, just to save my Counterblasts. Meteokaiser, Victor is always a good stride for when you want to save or are out of Counterblasts to use.
- Speaking on Starlight Hedgehog, draw power for Victor is quite weak, even with Starlight Hedgehog in the deck. You still need to draw the card out to even use its ability to draw, which is why, at least for me, I continue to play Draw Triggers, rather than more Critical Triggers. Sure, with the amount of Standing power, I can dodge my Stand Triggers, but their utility is too useful to let go. Hopefully the boosts coming to Nova Grappler in February will provide something good for the deck.
- The one Twin Blader and lack of 2 Victoplasmas is credited to one reason. I don’t own anymore copies of Victoplasma or Lady Cyclone, and I’m too lazy to find it.
- I am planning to change my First Vanguard to Extreme Battler, Runbhol instead of Kabutron. Kabutron is a great First Vanguard, offering another source of Standing to rear-guards, especially Sazanda. Sazanda hitting the magic number makes him much more threatening. But Runbhol might be more flexible in helping other units like Danshark maintain its magic number.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!