Cardfight #71 sees us pit Brian’s Liberator Gold Paladin deck against Leon’s Descendant Narukami deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Liberator deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Descendant deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Yearning Liberator, Arum
1 Strike Liberator (Critical)
4 Great Wish Liberator, Esus (Critical)
3 Steel Blade Liberator, Alwilla (Critical)
2 Liberator, Lucky Charmy (Draw)
2 Armed Liberator, Gwydion (Draw)
4 Elixir Liberator (Heal)
2 Flying Sword Liberator, Gorlois
3 White Rainbow Liberator, Balan
3 May Rain Liberator, Bruno
2 Dawning Knight, Gorboduc
1 Holy Mage, Lavinia (Sentinel-PG)
2 Halo Liberator, Mark (Sentinel-PG)
1 Light Formation Liberator, Erdre (Sentinel-PG)
Strides and G Guardians:-
2 Golden Dragon, Spearcross Dragon
1 Sunrise Ray Radiant Sword, Gurguit
4 Golden Dragon, Glorious Reigning Dragon
1 Golden Dragon, Rising Shine Dragon
1 Golden Dragon, Ray Breath Dragon
2 Bluish Flame True Liberator, Holy Flame
2 Golden Beast, Sleimy Flare (G-Guardian)
1 Sacred Heaven Prayer Master, Reia (G-Guardian)
1 Metal Element, Scryew (G-Guardian)
1 Dark Element, Dizmel (G-Guardian)
- For my old Liberator deck, it mostly goes well with Liberator of Bonds, Gancelot and his Break Ride. Alfred is there to finish for the deck, when Gancelot isn’t a viable strategy anymore.
- In all my experience with Gold Paladin, I find that the old Liberators resolve more on pure luck, playing along with whatever you have, good or bad. It makes the deck bomb more often than not, but it’s always quite fun to play it.
- The strategy for my deck is I will use either Gancelots to start off as my first Grade 3 ride. (With the Break Ride Gancelot being the most preferred). Aside from using Alfred as a finisher, the strides available to Gold Paladin lets you use all sorts of skills to bring the game back to your favor.
- Holy Flame as a first stride lets me flip a G unit over, which will set up for Spearcross Dragon, as well as my GLORIOUS BOMB (aka Glorious Reigning Dragon), which, when playing more of the stride game, can seal the deal. Just that in the video, there was so much healing done by both Leon and I, that the game became as long as it is.
- Flying Sword Liberator, Gorlois serves two functions. The first is to power up a Gancelot unit with 5000 Power boosts. The other is to make sure I do not deck out. Liberators are highly likely to deck out, so this is the saving grace I have in this deck.
- Hope this will help you all in building your deck, if you ar elooking to play the old Liberators.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!