Cardfight #68 sees us pit JJ’s Toushirou Touken Ranbu deck against ZaCaptain’s Altmile Royal Paladin deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Toushirou deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Altmile deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Akita Toushirou Toku
Strides and G Guardians:-
3 Ichigo Hitofuri Toku
2 Mikazuki Munechika
1 Mikazuki Munechika Toku
1 Juzumaru Tsunetsugu (G-Guardian)
2 Kousetsu Samonji Toku (G-Guardian)
- So, as mentioned, this is the unique blend of Touken Danshi by yours truly, based on the entire family of Toushirous and their big brother, Ichigo Hitofuri and Ichigo Hitofuri Toku. (I’ll use full names to avoid confusion between the normal and Toku counterparts)
- Let’s start then. Firstly, despite the namesake the Grade 3 you will want to ride to is Kogitsunemaru Toku. As the deck is still primarily a stride-based deck, you will want to make the most of the on-stride skill. That being said, even if you end up as Ichigo Hitofuri, it will still work out for you, since he has a skill that lets him power up based on the number of Toushirous on the field. The best part about that is that it is a Vanguard/Rear-Guard skill. So he makes a good companion Grade 3 in this build.
- Your first stride would ideally be Ichigo Hitofuri Toku, if nothing else but to use the skill to give massive power to your Toushirou rear-guards. Akita Toushirou Toku helps to reinforce your field with more Toushirous, specifically the old Maeda Toushirou and Hirano Toushirou together, so that they can become 7000 Power. Combined that with Ichigo Hitofuri Toku’s skill and they can become juggernaut boosters. While many Toushirou units are triggers, Izuminokami Kanesada can help bounce Maeda Toushirou back to your hand for any needed guarding.
- The follow-up strides would be dependant on the board state. Go with Iwaatoshi if there is a powerful front row or Nihongou if you wish to force out the G Guardians early. Subsequently, you will want to stick to Ichigo Hitofuri to create heavy columns as the turns go by.
- Now the next thing to consider the issues of the deck. This deck, as with all my decks, are about balance. Counterblast and soul count are both precious resources so you will need to manage them well. Overspend and you find yourself unable to mount an offensive next turn.
- All in all I feel that this is a pretty straight forward deck in terms of mechanics. The difficulty comes in making good judgement calls during the right situation. Beyond that and it can stand very well against other mainstay decks. Now go forth and have fun with the swords! Cheers!
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!