Cardfight #67 sees us pit Leon’s Idea-drone Gear Chronicle deck against ZaCaptain’s Revelation Genesis deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Idea-drone deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Revelation deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
1 Chrono Dran G
2 Chronoethos Jackal
1 Chronocharge Unicorn
1 Chronodash Peccary
2 Voltaro Idea-drone
1 Alithinos Idea-drone
1 Repel-circuit Dragon (Sentinel-PG)
2 Steam Scalar, Emellanna (Sentinel-QW)
1 Chanomai Idea-drone (Sentinel-QW)
Strides and G Guardians:-
1 Deus Ex Machina, Demiurge
2 Deus Ex Machina, Ergos
2 Metapulsar, Huang-long
3 Chronotiger Rebellion
4 Interdimensional Dragon, Bind Time Dragon
1 Retroactive Time Maiden, Uluru (G-Guardian)
2 Highbrow Steam, Raphanna (G-Guardian)
1 Interdimensional Beast, Pandora Chimera (G-Guardian)
- The Idea Drone deck, to say the least, is a little tricky to build and use. I tried to follow the recommended recipe printed on the papers in the Clan Booster, but like what we always say about deck profiles, I managed to use that as a base and made adjustments to the deck to better fit my style. What you see here is the end result of that, so hopefully with this deck profile, I pay it forward to you guys, so that you can learn from it and build it to your style of play.
- In any case, this deck focuses on speed binding. The faster the cards goes in the bind zone, the better it will be later in the game, but of course, the ideal units to bind would be Zodiac Time Beast units.
- Diaperno is a pretty interesting card but it is way too important to remove from the deck as it works a double binder at the end phase. At the same time, it is a high powered defender against Vanguard attacks.
- As strong Prospatheia Idea-drone looks on paper, things will get very hairy quickly. When it does, don’t hesitate to switch to Chronofang Tiger as soon as you can. Demiurge is a fantastic finish to use, but against an opponent who knows what you are doing, it’s best to give up on that strategy and try to end the game with Rebellion. The mass bindings that you have done so far will help feed Rebellion’s CONT skill, making that quad drive with double critical much more painful to guard for your opponent. Sticking to Prospatheia for the long haul may not last you until the end of the game. So, always prepare a Plan B.
- The cons that this deck has is that things can get out of hand pretty quickly, if you have bad RNG. Once you can’t get the right cards in the bind zone, the right units called using Chanomai Idea-drone (this card asks that you bind 2 units from the 5 you called BEFORE the end step), you are a sitting duck with a hunter’s crosshairs in your sights.
- But despite all that, the set is pretty interesting nevertheless, why not give it a try yourself? With the release of Metapulsar, Altered Dragon, there is no way else this deck can go but up.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!