Cardfight #58 sees us pit Dempster’s Regalia Genesis deck against Josephine’s Arboros Neo Nectar deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Regalia deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Arboros deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Battle Maiden, Amenohoakari
Strides and G Guardians:-
4 Prehistoric Regalia, Urthr
1 Sacred Flame Ultimate Regalia, Demeter
1 Beast-Slayer Military Deity, Tyr
4 Mythical Destroyer Beast, Vanargandr
2 Mythical Hellsky Beast, Fenrir
2 Sky-dome Battle Maiden, Hanasatsuki (G-Guardian)
2 Goddess of Seven Colors, Iris (G-Guardian)
- Right off the bat, I just wanna say that the original Regalia build was good enough on its own prior to G-BT08, but with the new boost, its capability is further expanded with the inclusion of Stride support. It’s not like certain clans/builds where you get only 1 or 2 cards which don’t really do much; Regalia’s support in G-BT08 can be game-changing.
- Of course, that doesn’t mean it’s not without its weaknesses. In fact, it still suffers from the same problem the original Regalia build had: hand size. The problem mainly stemmed from the fact that there is virtually no way to draw extra cards other than checking Draw Triggers and Next Era Regalia, Skuld’s skill, but they can only help so much.
- Present Era Regalia, Verthandi is a great companion to CEO Yggdrassil, simply because of her “stride skill”. While not really a stride skill per se compared to other ace Vanguards like Fenrir or Chronojet Dragon, she does give the Vanguard a valuable skill of add 1000 Power to up to three Regalia units in the front row when a card is sent to the soul by any means. Couple this with Prehistoric Regalia, Urthr’s skill and other cards that let you put cards from the drop zone to the soul, and you get a very big front row.
- Urthr is one of the best finishers a Regalia user could ever ask for, apart from CEO Yggdrassil, of course. Her initial skill on-stride of sending all your Regalia cards from the drop zone into the soul helps prepare for her other skill, which at the same time activates Verthandi’s “stride skill” of adding 1000 Power to up to three Regalia units in the front row. Her second skill of adding 10000 Power and 1 critical to herself at the cost of a Soul Blast 6 is also spammable, potentially making your column at least 100,000 Power if you play your cards well. If your opponent has no Perfect Guards in their hand, that’s when you see your criticals hit them hard.
- You have two choices for a first stride: Beast-Slayer Military Deity, Tyr or Sacred Flame Ultimate Regalia, Demeter. Both strides let you soul charge to prepare for CEO Yggdrassil’s Legion skill in case you can’t stride the next turn, but Demeter is a more consistent Soul Charger because of her free cost since you’re sure to Counter Charge at least once with her skill. Tyr is a good alternative, but it relies more on the luck of getting a Grade 1 or higher in order to Soul Charge. Plus he can’t set up for Urthr for your next stride like Demeter can.
- Believe it or not, Vanagandr works quite well with this build with his ability to help you check for Triggers with a cost of a Soul Blast 6. He makes sure that you get the cards you need and since he takes the Regalia namesake as well, Norn and Achlis’ skills will also add 5000 Power to your Vanguard, which adds extra pressure on your opponent.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!