Cardfight #57 sees us pit Dempster’s Beast Deity Nova Grappler deck against ZaCaptain’s Zeal Dimension Police deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Beast Deity deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Zeal deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Beast Deity, Riot Horn
- Believe it or not, this is actually what I would consider a pretty common Beast Deity build, because most of the cards from the older sets remain. There weren’t that many boosts given for Beast Deities except for a handful of newer cards, so there really isn’t much to say about it. All I can say is that cards like Beast Deity, Golden Anglet and Beast Deity, Desert Gator could be switched out for better cards like Dragotwist and Jackalord and so on.
- Horned Hulk is a rather interesting card, but his skill is a little costly. You have to rest him in order to give 5000 Power to another unit. Considering where you put him on the field, you either lose a viable 7000 Power booster or lose an extra attack. I understand that with Beasty Deity, there exists a very high chance of standing your rear-guards, but I digress.
- Dragotwist is a good alternative to Tribrut and works very well here as you’re able to use his skill to retire one of your opponent’s rear-guards with equal or lower Power than him. The only drawback is that he does not get extra power when standing, but with a deck that focuses a lot on standing, it makes almost no significant difference.
- With standing being the main focus here, Ethics Buster Extreme is the main Vanguard to ride to, of course. Even though Ethics Buster’s Break Ride skill only works best with Ethics Buster Reverse, there isn’t really any other Grade 3s to put in with Extreme. At the very least, having the extra permanent 2000 Power from Extreme’s skill by having Ethics Buster in the soul can be helpful against low power attacking units.
- In order to maximise the standing potential, playing 12 stands or even 16 stands is common. However, I only play 8 stands and 4 criticals because having extra Criticals against my opponent will help against those that can take the multiple attacks.
- Ethics Buster Catastrophe is a very much needed stride for Beast Deities, giving the same skill as Ethics Buster Extreme, as well as 3000 Power to the rear-guard that stood if you have 2 or more Ethics Buster Catastrophe in the G Zone. Not only that, you get to check one extra card compared to just having Ethics Buster Extreme, which greatly increases your chances to stand an extra rear-guard. Couple that with Max Beat and Riot Horn, all your rear-guards will stand again, ready for another barrage.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!