Cardfight #49 sees us pit Leon’s Ezel Gold Paladin deck against Dempster’s Maelstrom Aqua Force deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Ezel deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Maelstrom deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Scarlet Lion Cub, Caria
Strides and G Guardians:-
4 Absolution Lion King, Mithril Ezel
2 Fast Chase Golden Knight, Cambell
1 Golden Dragon, Ray Breath Dragon
2 Golden Dragon, Spearcross Dragon
1 Golden Knight of Incandescence, Ebraucus
1 Sunrise Ray Radiant Sword, Gurguit
1 Golden Beast, Sleimy Flare
1 Sacred Heaven Prayer Master, Reia
1 Dark Element, Dizmel
2 Metal Element, Scryew
- This deck has been around since 2012 and is one of the first Limit Break Vanguards, alongside the clan Gold Paladin. This is built around the concept of not being held back by opponents who misgrade, Generation Break 1 or not having enough damage for Limit Break.
- The deck doesn’t need that much setting up but I most certain need the field filled up as soon as possible. So I preferred Caria as my starter, whose skill can be procced as early as Grade 2, with Wonder Ezel. Since all of my Grade 3s are Ezels, I can easily use her skill without much trouble in the early game.
- As mentioned, the sooner my field is up, the better. I most certainly need units that allow me to call from the deck. Good ol’ Viviane is one such card. Don’t look at her as only see an “needs a boost, needs to hit, checks only the top card” kind of card. At the end, it doesn’t matter what you end up calling so long the column is empty, it will have a use one way or another.
- Keeping 1 or 2 Blaster Blade Spirit is good for a little bit of field control and when called by Mithril, he can become a real powerhouse.
- Wonder Ezel is indeed a wonderful card which allows you to superior ride another Ezel so long you have an Ezel Vanguard. The plus 5k Power is always a nice thing to have for those tough nut opponents. Not just that, If you also find a need to switch out or just need that extra soul, he’s the card.
- Howell is the counter charge & soul charger for this deck which can help in many ways such as building for Grand Ezel and your Stride Gurguit.
- It’s not a big deal to your opponent should you ride to Raven-haired Ezel and use his Limit Break 5, but when you combine that skill with the power that Stride Gurguit can provide, it becomes a force to be reckoned with.
- It decks out really fast considering a lot of units are called from the deck. Hardly anything goes back in the deck except for Barbtruc.
- Your rear-guards doesn’t have much firepower so it’s a pretty Vanguard focused deck.
- Counter blast is going to be a problem when you are not careful with it. You only have Howell to recover them so keep that in mind.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!