Cardfight #47 sees us pit JJ’s Chronojet Gear Chronicle deck (as played by Leon) against Halim’s Chronofang Gear Chronicle deck (as played by me, ZaCaptain). You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Chronojet deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in the Chronofang deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
The notes that are featured in this deck profile will be provided by myself, as the owner of the deck is unavailable to provide them.
4 Heart Thump Worker (Critical)
1 Steam Fighter, Lugalbanda (Critical)
1 Steam Battler, Meshda (Critical)
4 Vainglory-dream Gear Cat (Stand)
2 Steam Scara, Udul (Draw)
4 Steam Maiden, Uluru (Heal)
Strides and G Guardians:-
1 Interdimensional Beast, Metallica Phoenix
2 Chronodragon Nextage
2 Interdimensional Dragon, Ragnaclock Dragon
4 Interdimensional Dragon, Warp Drive Dragon
1 Interdimensional Dragon, Mystery-flare Dragon
1 Interdimensional Dragon, Epoch-maker Dragon
1 Interdimensional Beast, Upheaval Pegasus
4 Retroactive Time Maiden, Uluru
- As mentioned in the video, this deck revolves around the first playstyle of Gear Chronicle, which is to send your opponent’s rear-guards back to the bottom of his deck. There are some Time Leap abilities included in there through strides, but it isn’t the most prominent focus.
- The focus of this deck is mainly on getting units like Summit Crest Gear Wolf and Mist Geyser Dragon out onto the field and start sending units to the bottom of the deck with Glimmer Breath Dragon, Chronojet Dragon’s on-stride skill, among others. Essentially this is a Kagero-style deck, powering up while making your opponents lose their reinforcements.
- The deck relies on the namesake of “Chronojet” for units like Interdimensional Beast, Metallica Phoenix and Chronodragon Nextage. So it’s a natural decision to pair Chronojet Dragon with Steam Fighter, Balih to be able to switch your heart to a Chronojet heart.
- The strides help to cater to a few situations, from providing Time Leap to further supporting the playstyle of sending units to the bottom of the deck. Some of which, like Interdimensional Dragon, Mystery-flare Dragon, are there more for the off chance you use G-Assist, but if you are feeling lucky, you are free to use them as you will.
- There isn’t much left to say about this deck, as the deck list can tell you everything you need to know. It’s very straightforward.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!