Cardfight #46 sees us pit Brian’s Gurguit Gold Paladin deck against Leon’s Dragonic Blademaster Kagero deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Gold Paladin deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in Leon’s Kagero deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile, if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Knight of Early Dawn, Coel
Strides and G Guardians:-
2 Sunrise Ray Radiant Sword, Gurguit
4 Golden Dragon, Spearcross Dragon
2 Golden Dragon, Scourge Point Dragon
2 Golden Dragon, Ray Breath Dragon
2 Golden Knight of Incandescence, Ebraucus
2 Sacred Heaven Prayer Master, Reia
2 Golden Beast, Sleimy Flare
- First off, using Golden Knight of Incandescence, Ebraucus as a first stride allows me to combine it with Sunrise Ray Knight, Gurguit’s on-stride skill for early calling from my deck. It saves my hand from being used up and it’s an effective way to activate Unite.
- This deck offers a lot of ways to draw and Countercharge through Sunshine Knight, Jeffrey, Player of the Holy Pipe, Herrie or Scarface Lion’s skills. It helps in a lot of those situations when I need the extra Counterblast or draw.
- In other situations where I lose my rear guards to retire skills, Golden Dragon, Spearcross Dragon, helps a lot in reinforcing my field. Not to mention instantly activating Unite. But it does depend on your luck to get the correct cards you need.
- There are definitely some target units ideal to call out from the deck.
- Perimore is one thanks to his Unite skill of +2000 Power, but also his superior calling skill. Through his superior call alone, Unite can activate very easily.
- Bullrgal is a powerhouse of a unit, getting +5000 Power on Unite. Very scary for a cute little pug.
- Holy Mage, Pwyll is there just in case I need another chance to reinforce with the proper units I need. He is there, less for the reason of activating Unite, but more to help me reinforce during my attack phase.
- Golden Dragon, Ray Breath Dragon and Golden Dragon, Scourge Point Dragon are strides I can use to keep up the power pressure until I stride to Sunrise Ray Radiant Sword, Gurguit. With Scourge Point Dragon offering 5000 Power to himself and the superior called unit, and Ray Breath Dragon providing 5000 Power to himself and 2000 Power to my front row rear-guards, they are there to help draw out my opponent’s Perfect Guards out.
- With Radiant Sword, Gurguit, despite being able to use his skill as many times as i can pay the cost for, it’s still a situational move to perform. There’s a need there to keep an eye on my opponent’s hand size. If I believe that they have enough to guard, it’s better to save the rest of my soul and Counterblasts for a later stride.
- There’s a reason why I chose to play Holy Mage, Candace instead of Holy Mage, Bryderi. The thing about using Golden Beast, Sleimy Flare is that I can check the top 5 cards of my deck and find Candace in there, I can essentially call her to the Guardian circle and drop one card from my hand for a Perfect Guard, since Candace’s skill says “When this unit appears in the Guardian circle…”, whereas Bryderi’s skill says “When this unit appears in the Guardian circle from your hand…”. The advantage of the old Perfect guards back in the day comes to the sunlight with Sleimy Flare.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!