Cardfight #45 sees us pit JJ’s Trans-else Messiah Link Joker deck against Dempster’s Verano Neo Nectar deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Link Joker deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in Dempster’s Verano deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Strides and G Guardians:-
1 Air Element, Sebreeze
4 Genesis Dragon, Amnesty Messiah
2 Genesis Dragon, Excelics Messiah
1 Genesis Dragon, Judgement Messiah
4 Genesis Dragon, Trans-else Messiah
1 Metal Element, Scryew
3 Death Star-vader, Demon Maxwell
- The main strategy is to swing in straight with Amnesty Messiah to set up for Excelics or Trans-else depending on the situation on hand. Excelics would be ideal when the opponent has a substantial field and you have the ability to set up at least 5 locked units on the field.
- This combo works when you have Lady Battler of the Gravity Well with Sacrifice Messiah on one column and Arrester Messiah and Awaking Messiah on the other. The best unit behind the Vanguard would be Dark Metal Chameleon, but it can be switched with Awaking for maximum columns.
- If you are missing Lady Battler of the Gravity Well or Arrester Messiah, Lady Gunner of the Neutron Star can make up for them, with her ability to rack up the lock unit count.
- Trans-else Messiah is best used in a situation where you have almost nothing to lock with and the opponent has an excellent field set up. He is excellent when you have at least 2 Awaking Messiahs on the field waiting to be locked. For the combo to be fully effective, you would need Blast Monk of the Thundering Foot in hand before striding to Trans-else.
- For maximum output for this combo, make sure at least 1 or 2 Awaking Messiah is locked. (ideally 3 but we all know how hard that is right?) Attack with Trans-else first, then pump all triggers to Blast Monk. With any luck, you might check a double critical trigger and enjoy the thundering of critical feet as Blast Monk kicks away.
- I always like to try and create alternative ways to achieve my combos, and in this case its still Lady Gunner of the Neutron Star! A round of applause for the new VIP. With Lady Gunner, she is so excellent in racking up the lock count, that in the event that you run out of strides, Lady Gunner can be your last ditch attempt at locking units. Do note that she is sadly lacking in the power department. In the case that Awaking Messiah was stuck in your hand when Trans-else hits the field, drop Awaking in the main phase and then watch as Lady Gunner locks him up.
- On the off chance you are stuck as Alter Ego Messiah, Lady Battler of the Gravity Well can still lock Awaking Messiah. Blast Monk can provide you with the mid-turn unlocking of Awaking, and then proccing Alter Ego’s GB2 skill, for those much needed cards in hand. As this deck doesn’t play any stands, remember that the Vanguard always attacks first. You do not want to risk drawing a trigger you could used on another standing unit.
- Seeing the importance of Lady Battler of the Gravity Well in some situations, I have chosen to use Neon Messiah as the First Vanguard simply to generate soul and fish out a Grade 3 Messiah from the deck.
- With the inclusion of G-guardians, I have chosen to use 3 Death Star-vader, Demon Maxwell and 1 Metal Element, Scryew. Demon Maxwell is excellent as a back up for locking Awaking Messiah as they are likely to stay in the back row. However do note that over-committing on Demon Maxwell could result in lack of defenses in the future.
- The premise of the deck is to ascertain the field situation and make an appropriate response, punishing the opponent’s transgressions or setting up for the following turn whilst defending yourself.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!