Cardfight #44 sees us pit ZaCaptain’s Rush Nova Grappler deck against Dempster’s “Oracle” Oracle Think Tank deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Nova Grappler deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in Dempster’s “Oracle” Oracle Think Tank deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Extreme Battler, Kabutron
- The Rush mechanic, I find, is meant to give some limits to the Nova Grapplers, given the amount of power Sazanda can get (The max power I got for Sazanda was 51k). Nevertheless, it is a strong mechanic, and learning how to use it to its fullest is very rewarding
- This deck is styled around Victor’s stand ability to get the ball rolling. Your hardest hitter is Sazanda, so maxing him as much as you can is key. Master Kungfu is a good alternative. But Victor can only do so much himself. Supporting him is Cool Hank, Arbarail and Kabutron. They make sure that you get that burst of power needed to knock your opponent down to the playmat.
- But of course, it comes with a heavy use of Counterblasts to get everything standing. Counterchargers like Lady Cyclone and Storm are key helpers. I chose Storm over Babyface, Narcissus mainly because I’m not limited by Rush to get my Countercharge. In addition, if Sazanda isn’t available, nothing places on hit threat like Storm does. Especially if your opponent is conscious about letting you have counterblasts available to use for the next turn. On top of that reason, another is that I don’t need that much soul to fuel for Arbarail. In the off-chance that I’m not Victor, Arbarail cannot be activated, so I value Cool Hank more.
- True enough, there’s always Clay-doll Mechanic that can be introduced into the deck. There’s no harm in doing so, but I prefer to keep practicing how to control my Counterblasts. Knowing when to spend it and when to save it. It keeps my mind thinking, and maintains my focus on what I need to do the next turn. Clay-doll Mechanic helps, but even its uses run out.
- Thanks to Tribrut, it makes Victor Kagero-like, which is something I can appreciate as someone who started out playing Vanguard with Kagero. If I can read my opponent right, soaking up damage to get counterblasts means you can heavily cripple your opponent and wreck up his key units. It’s a guaranteed retire on a rear-guard stand, and it can be used as long as you have units standing and Counterblasts to use. This links back to my previous note where Counterblasts are heavy, so you need to manage it well and not go overboard. You definitely want to make sure you have enough around to do what you need to do in the next turn. Always plan a turn ahead.
- And you do need to plan a turn ahead, especially when you are planning to use Bustered’s skill. Without resorting to Snow Element, Blizza to flip one Bustered over, Bustered is the only G unit in Nova Grappler that can flip any G unit face up. So if you are looking to use Bustered’s full skill, you will need to introduce Blizza or hold out on your Counterblasts for his full skill to activate.
- Overall, it’s about stacking power and hitting your enemies hard. With the addition of Malyaki, the power game can increase significantly more than before. And with units like Kumah the Destroyer, you will release your full dependency on Sazanda. Plan your strategies well and always run the numbers.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!