Cardfight #44 sees us pit Dempster’s “Oracle” Oracle Think Tank deck against ZaCaptain’s Rush Nova Grappler deck. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Oracle Think Tank deck profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in ZaCaptain’s Rush Nova Grappler deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Imperial Shrine Guard, Hahiki
Strides and G Guardians:-
2 Soaring Auspicious Beast, Kirin
2 Sword Deity of the Thunder Break, Takemikazuchi
4 Dragon Destroyer Battle Deity, Kamususanoo
4 Lord of Guidance, Wakahirume
4 Sunrise-on-high Godhawk, Ichibyoshi
- Needless to say, this is a very defensive build, with the main focus being to keep your hand size at 5 and above consistently. At the same time, because of the bonus skills you get from Oracle, it can become very aggressive as well.
- As there are no Counter Chargers in this build (other than Rigid Crane and Ame-no-Sagiri), it is very important to manage your counterblasts. This is where Lozenge Magus comes in. She can always be recycled back into the deck to make sure you heal constantly to prepare to take more damage in the long run.
- Kusanagi, Nono and Psychic Bird help you draw the cards you need, at the same time build up your soul for Nono’s and Sumiyoshi’s skills.
- Weather Girl, Milk is a great alternative for a 10k booster for the Vanguard since her skill will kick in as long as you have 4 or more cards in your hand when you attack with your Vanguard, which is way easier to accomplish compared to 5 cards. Coupled with the fact that there are so many ways to draw cards before your Vanguard’s attack, this makes the center column very deadly indeed.
- Initially, I had my doubts with Kamususanoo as his skill looked quite mediocre at the time. However, once I started playing him, I realised that he is a much-needed finisher for Oracle Think Tank as he can easily bring a Silent Tom column up to a 15k guard with zero counterblasts. And speaking of which…
- How can you NOT see an Oracle Think Tank deck without Silent Tom? That’s like making a Blaster Blade deck without Blaster Blade! Since the day it was released, Silent Tom was known to be a really broken card, but what he lacked was power. With the current build that I have, boost him with Sumiyoshi and he easily hits at 18k. Couple that with Kamususanoo’s skill, and he can hit 22k, and this is without adding in triggers!
- Flip Croony is a great pressure as an attacker as you get to add 1 card into your hand if his attack hits, but heavens forbid if you ride up to him. Many cards in this deck focus on the Susanoo namesake, so without it, you can’t do anything at all, including drawing cards. So if you find Flip Croony in your hand as the only grade 3, make it your mission in life to fish out Susanoo AT ONCE.
- Kirin is a great first stride as it provides the extra pressure on letting you add an extra card into your hand if its attack hits. Whether your opponent lets the attack hit or throws out cards to guard, either way, you are giving your opponent a significant disadvantage.
- If you feel that your hand is not enough for you to pull off combos, Takemikazuchi is a good backup second stride and beyond. The counterblast can be a little heavy for his skill, so make sure you plan ahead and keep at least 2 damage unused in case you need them.
- Like Kamususanoo, Wakahirume may not seem like much at first glance, but after using her with this build, it becomes real obvious why she’s a GR, and well worthy of that rarity. By this time you’re able to unlock her Oracle skill, so I will not give a whole lesson on how to do that. Her skill itself, however, is where the card really shines like a GR (no pun intended). For a simple cost of Counterblast 1 and Soulblast 1, you get to draw a card and put ANY CARD from your hand to the top of the deck, ready to be drive checked. Need to heal? Just put it back and do so! Need a critical for your Silent Tom? Just put it back! The possibilities are endless with Wakahirume! The only drawback is that this build can get a little Soulblast heavy, so make sure you manage your soul well.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!