Cardfight #43 sees us pit Dempster’s two decks, his Hollow Granblue and Magia Pale Moon decks, against each other. You can check the video above to see the bout, but if you’re interested in seeing the Granblue profile, we have it in this post.
If you want to check out what’s in Dempster’s Magia Pale Moon deck, click here.
Take note that this build is one that is used for this cardfight. Changes may have been already made at this point in time by the owner. You are welcome to learn from this deck profile if you are looking to build one, but we highly encourage you to build yours to fit you.
Undying Departed, Grenache
- As Tommy the Ghostie Brothers is the only normal Ghostie unit in my deck, striding to Obadiah can be quite challenging. Assuming that you drop Tommy the Ghostie Brothers for striding, you can choose Sea Strolling Banshee (assuming she isn’t in your hand or damage zone by then), Negrolazy and Gast Dragon and send them to the drop zone. Any unit is okay, but make sure that you have at least 2 Hollow units sent to the drop zone this way in order to call Tommy the Ghostie Brothers to the back of Obadiah.
- Greedy Mimic is a good choice for an early game rush game due to its ability to hit the Vanguard for 9k without any requirements. This becomes moot, however, when your opponent is grade 3 and above, so when that time comes, calling it as a booster works fine too.
- Ruin Shade is a good early game miller (unit that sends the top card of the deck to the drop zone). Most of the time, you will not be guarding attacks until grade 3. The only drawback is saying goodbye to your triggers as they sink to the bottom of Davy Jones’ locker—I mean the drop zone.
- I only play 1 Sea Strolling Banshee because I only ever need that one copy, but if by any chance she ends up in the damage zone, hand or soul, Skeleton Cannoneer is a good alternative to drawing cards due to his Hollow skill bonus. However, you have to Counterblast 1 first in order to do that. Unless you have Grenache ready in your drop zone, be careful not to spam his skill too much.
- Since Nightrose is the ace Vanguard in this build, having her ready for a ride up in your hand is always great, though Nightstorm is a good alternative as his on-ride skill helps you add a Hollow unit into your hand either for guarding or for calling. Whatever you do, avoid riding up to Gast Dragon. You’ll be a goner before the pirates even finish singing “Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum”.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let me, Dempster or Leon know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter@CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page. You can also support us over at Patreon, where we have some awesome perks available for you guys.
Stand up, my Vanguard!