It’s been a few months since we last saw Cardfight!! Online closed beta content. They have just put up an update post on Facebook, which reads as follows.
[Words from the Cardfight Online Team]
What’s going on with Cardfight!! Online? Why isn’t there more information? Shouldn’t the game be launched right now? Why isn’t the next closed beta happening already?
It’s been slightly more than two months since the closed beta test had ended and these are some questions which we know, have been running through your minds. Firstly, we would like to apologize for not being able to share much about what’s going on behind the scene. There are a lot of changes happening to the core of the game, most of which, are things that take place under the hood. Players will hardly be able to tell the difference on the surface but essentially, we’re tearing apart the codes and overhauling key features of the game that are unsatisfactory so that repeated issues won’t appear again in the next closed beta. All of this goes deeper than simply fixing a bug or an issue. Of course, we do have additional features that we wish to add from the awesome feedback received. However, these aren’t our priority right now as we want to ensure that the foundation of the game is working perfectly before adding things on.
Our goal is to offer the best experience Cardfighters can get, whether they are new or veteran, on the online platform. Since the initial game client just wasn’t able to deliver, overhauling and taking the necessary time and effort to rework and test it again was a decision that came very naturally to us.
We will share more about Cardfight!! Online and the current state of progress in 3 to 4 months from now. In the meantime, all efforts will be focused on getting the foundation right.
As we get closer to the next closed beta phase, we will be releasing more information once we are ready, on the revamped features and new additions to ease everyone into the all new Cardfight!! Online game.
At this stage, the next Cardfight!! Online Closed Beta Test will be sometime in late 2016. We sincerely hope for your utmost understanding and patience until we are ready to release more information.
In the meantime, for those who weren’t lucky to get in the closed beta, you will find demo stations at key Bushiroad booths or appearance in events across the world. You will be able to get a feel of how the game is like and try out the tutorials. For larger events with at least 2 demo stations, you will be able to have a game between the 2 demo stations with the available trial decks within the game. The staff assigned to the demo stations at the events will still be collecting any feedback you may have for the game. We are always looking for suggestions and feedback on interesting concepts and features that would be cool or fun for Cardfight!! Online.
The FAQ page has been updated to include some of the popular questions regarding development which we have been receiving. Do check it out!
From this we take away a few things.
- Because of the decision to overhaul the game code, the game will be thrown back into a development state for another 3-4 months.
- They are holding off on implementing suggested features for now, until they rebuild the game code and get the key features running as was intended.
- The full game release looks like it will happen in late 2016.
Based on those takeaways, we came up with our own takeaways and predictions.
- With the extended delay, it gives them the time they need to make sure they deliver on a fully polished game. That means that the work only left to put in is card effects and making them sure they are supposed to work as Bushiroad intended.
- That being said, come the release of the game, we may likely see all available releases of Cardfight!! Vanguard in the game. That includes releases from the old seasons of Cardfight!! Vanguard to the current era that’s introducing the clan specific keywords, such as Time Leap, Brave, Bloom, etc.
- Of course, there are little expectations that the look of the game may be be the same as what we have already seen from the closed beta. We do hope that they make full use of the time to not only deliver the polished game, but transition easily from the 2nd closed beta to possibly a full game release within a short window of time.
We here at Crossbone Vanguards are hoping that Cardfight!! Online will be a resounding success. As long as the team are putting their best into it, we will be giving our best support of the game, as we are really impressed with how the first Cardfight!! Online Closed Beta was.
Be sure to follow us here on the blog for more updates regarding Cardfight!! Online. Also, follow us on our Youtube channel and all of our socials (Facebook, Twitter) and visit our Patreon Page to get sweet perks like playmats and early access to cardfights.
Stand up, my Vanguard!