Youtube handle James Liputra made a request for both deck profiles from our video when we pit Blue Wave Aqua Force against Gavrail Angel Feather. So to start things off, we have Josephine’s Angel Feather build, as featured in the video.
Black Candle, Azrail
Some points to take note:
- You may either use Sunny Smile Angel or Black Candle Azrail as your first Vanguard, as Sunny Smile can return to the deck at the end of the turn that she had boosted an attack. Azrail, on the other hand, allows you to put a card from your damage zone into your hand, at the cost of one counterblast and putting her into the soul. If you do not intend to use Azrail, you may switch her out for another copy of Battle Cupid, Nociel.
- This deck was built as mainly as a defensive deck. Hence, Blizza is there to aid in achieving an early Generation Break 2 which definitely aids in guarding if you combine Black Shiver, Gavrail’s skill with Nurse of Broken Heart’s. I would recommend maintaining the number of cards in your damage zone at two, maximum three, before you stride. This is to allow you to utilise Gavrail’s skill when you stride over her and still leave one for Blizza.
- In addition, presuming that you would be taking more damage after your first stride, early guarding is recommended.
- Doctoroid Refros allows you to, as I call it, ‘refresh’ two cards from the damage zone and return it to the deck as well. This is especially useful if you have an unsatisfactory line-up in your damage zone, require more counterblasts or want to stack up power for units like Thousand and Million Ray Pegasus. However, as it require you to draw a card after each time you utilise his skill, you may want to consider how many times you want or are able to use him.
- Speaking of refreshing damage, Holy Seraph, Raziel allows you to refresh your damage zone, which helps if you have Broken Heart and/or the Pegasi on the field, or if you have completely used up your counterblasts. However, I recommend to use just one copy as you would probably have insufficient soul for two.
- Healing Palace’s skill activates on hit and allows you to superior call one unit from the damage zone. While there are better alternatives to this unit, I prefer to pressure my opponent to guard especially if it’s during late game.
- If you feel the need to protect your rear-guards, especially Broken Heart, you may change out Black Record, Israfil to Pure Keeper, Requiel.
Josephine would like to point out that this deck is not complete yet for her. You can play it as it is, but she would not recommend you do that as there are times when she would find herself in a bind without the right cards or with a dwindling deck.
As it is a work in progress, we have to emphasise that you can feel free to build your Angel Feather deck as you like to. There are many ways to build a deck, and doing so to your own style and liking is what makes each build unique and fascinating.
Tune in tomorrow at the same time for Dempster’s Blue Wave deck profile.
In the meantime, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let Dempster, Leon or myself know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter @CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page here.
If you have any cardfight or deck profile requests, do leave them on our videos, and we will try our best to bring them to you. Thank you for reading, and we’ll see you soon!
Stand up, my Vanguard!