I hope you have watched and enjoyed this video between JJ’s Chrono-inspired Gear Chronicle deck and Jasmine’s Kanzaki-inspired Shadow Paladin deck. It was a fun match to be a part of and a fun video to work with.
But right now, we have a request from Youtube handle, Christoffer Cruz, asking for the following deck profile. We have managed to get Jasmine to provide us with her deck list.
So, without further ado, this is Jasmine’s Kanzaki-inspired Shadow Paladin deck!
Knight of Meditation, Mac Nessa
1 Promising Knight, David
Some points to take note:
- This deck plays a mix of the Ren Legend Deck and the G Format cards from GBT03 and GBT04. Cards such as Dark Night Maiden, Macha, the critical triggers and Dark Dragon, Phantom Blaster “Diablo” help complement the G Format deck in a positive way.
- This deck favors the 12 critical triggers play, as the play style favors the quick and decisive finish. But if you are looking to play stand triggers like Cursed Eye Raven, you can do so as it can help to pay the retire cost for Claret Sword Dragon on GB2, Phantom Blaster “Diablo” and the two Aurageyser units. But playing this stand trigger does require a bit of luck and forward planning. More so when you have to retire units during your attack phase. Draw triggers aren’t that needed, since you have Aurageyser Dragon and Doomed helping to reinforce your hand with its abilities.
- Overbearing Knight, Gilvaese is a great alternative if you aren’t able to find Claret Sword Dragon. His on-stride skill makes your opponent have to guard 5000 more, and his GB1 isn’t too shabby. Ideally, you would want Claret Sword Dragon for the +10000 and +1 Critical, if you can’t stride.
- On the point about finishing your opponent, if he happens to still be alive, Phantom Blaster “Diablo” is the card to finish off your opponent in this deck. Aurageyser Dragon and Doomed can also finish off, but once they are out, “Diablo” makes for a great unit to stride up to.
- You only ever need 2 Aurageyser Doomed, because of his skill cost, which include the need to flip up one Aurageyser Dragon. Once he makes an appearance, you’d want to make sure that you have his increased critical there for that threat. There is nothing that says you can’t play more, but you will either be under-utilizing Doomed twice or run out of Aurageyser Dragons to unflip for his retiring and skills. Favorably, you will want to stride up to Aurageyser Dragon for the added power to fool your opponent into a false sense of safety, especially when you run 8 or 12 criticals.
- You can sub out Fair Knight, Gwawl for Knight of Brawn, Grosne. There are a lot of units in this deck that calls on units guaranteed to be grade 1 or less, which will proc Grosne’s +3000. It also fits the theme of this deck being more power based, with units like gaining power on call, like Night Sky Eagle, which is a guaranteed 11000 on the turn that it is called to (RC). With Gwawl, the idea is that he would be the best grade 2 you can ride up to and lose to the soul without any qualms.
- Cursed Lancer is there to help Karma Collector counter-charge, since it is quite a counterblast heavy deck, even without Macha.
- The choice between using Promising Knight, David and Knight of Meditation, Mac Nessa as your first vanguard is entirely up to the player. With David, you can count on the fact that when you use Aurageyser Dragon’s skill, he is there to act as 2 units for the retire. Mac Nessa, in that same situation, can give him 5000 power and the ability to retire your opponent’s rear guard on hit. Choosing between either one of them comes down to the player’s choice.
Okay, that’s all that I have for you with this post. If you have any queries, comments or suggestions, feel free to let Dempster, Leon or myself know. If you like this and would like to see more Vanguard content that we have come up with, feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us here on our blog. You can keep up to date on all of our releases on Twitter @CrossboneVGs, and on our Facebook page here.
If you have any cardfight or deck profile requests, do leave them on our videos, and we will try our best to bring them to you. Thank you for reading, and we’ll see you soon!
Weakness is a sin…buster! ( Just joking, Metalborgs 🙂 )
Stand up, my Vanguard!